Villa Le Prata, Toscana
Villa Le Prata was founded in the 1860 by the count De’ Vecchi as a small hunting reserve for family and friends. After few decades it became the countryhouse of the Bishop. In 1980 doctor Losappio bought Villa Le Prata from the nephew of the Montalcino Bishop’s. Villa Le Prata is on the road from Montacino and Tavernelle, about 3 km's north of the world famous Soldera, at an altitude of about 500-520 meters above sea level. The first hectare of vineyard was planted in 1989. In 1997 two hectares more were planted in the area of Castelnuovo dell’Abate and Castello della Velona, a wonderful medieval hamlet facing south towards the Amiata mount
Wine must reflect in the glass the character of the place where grapes are grown.
In 1989 the conduction of the estate passed under Benedetta Losappio, first daughter of the doctor. Benedetta with the help of Anna, her sister in law, follows every single step of the production from the pruning of the vines to the bottling.
|Brunello||Brunello di Montalcino Docg||2007|
|Tirso||Rosso di Montalcino Doc||2008|